November 12, 2021
Soup and Salad
Mariam E / Cookin' with Mirma
Made with fresh crispy veggies, this Greek Orzo Salad is very easy to make and is full of delicious flavors.
1 1/4 Cup Orzo pasta - cooked al dente according to package directions.
2 cups cucumbers - diced or sliced
2 cups vine or cherry tomatoes - diced
1/3 cup purple onion - petite diced
1/4 cup fresh parsley - chopped
3/4 cup Kalamata olives - seedless, cut in halves
1 cup feta cheese - mini cubed
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp black pepper - fresh cracked
3/4 tsp salt - add more to taste
1 tsp oregano - dried
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp fresh garlic
Cook the Orzo pasta al dente.
Slice, dice and chop all the vegetables. Cut the olives in halves.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl, including the cooked orzo.
In a small bowl or cup, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together lightly to coat well.
Transfer to a serving dish or serve in the same bowl.
* I recommend you cook the orzo pasta al dente first.
* I used cubed feta cheese. You can buy a block of feta and basically cut it into mini cubes.
* Some supermarkets sell cubed feta cheese. If you don't find it available near you, you can always use crumbled feta.
* You want your veggies diced and sliced fairly fine, so you get a hit of everything in each bite!
* I suggest you mix all the salad ingredients first with the dressing. Then put in the crumbled feta and lightly toss with the salad.
Taste the difference that natural raising makes to pork. Also taste the delicious sauces, chutneys and Bloody Mary. 100% born and processed the the United States.