Soup and Salad
Mariam E / Cookin' with Mirma
Made with fresh crispy veggies, this Greek Orzo Salad is very easy to make and is full of delicious flavors.
1 1/4 Cup Orzo pasta - cooked al dente according to package directions.
2 cups cucumbers - diced or sliced
2 cups vine or cherry tomatoes - diced
1/3 cup purple onion - petite diced
1/4 cup fresh parsley - chopped
3/4 cup Kalamata olives - seedless, cut in halves
1 cup feta cheese - mini cubed
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp black pepper - fresh cracked
3/4 tsp salt - add more to taste
1 tsp oregano - dried
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp fresh garlic
Greek Dressing Vinaigrette
Cook the Orzo pasta al dente.
Slice, dice and chop all the vegetables. Cut the olives in halves.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl, including the cooked orzo.
In a small bowl or cup, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together lightly to coat well.
Transfer to a serving dish or serve in the same bowl.
* I recommend you cook the orzo pasta al dente first.
* I used cubed feta cheese. You can buy a block of feta and basically cut it into mini cubes.
* Some supermarkets sell cubed feta cheese. If you don't find it available near you, you can always use crumbled feta.
* You want your veggies diced and sliced fairly fine, so you get a hit of everything in each bite!
* I suggest you mix all the salad ingredients first with the dressing. Then put in the crumbled feta and lightly toss with the salad.